View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I really like this concept, although I too would miss going to the market. I sometimes have leftover ingredients because I can't buy in quantities small enough for just one dinner.
Before we met, my wife's usual meals were Japanese. But as I do most of the cooking, and like foods from different countries, we got into the habit of having a different cuisine every night. I find this new delivery service convenient but constricting. And when I cook there are ALWAYS leftovers, usually enough for another two meals, which we freeze for days when we are too lazy or too busy to cook. This new service only provides the exact amount needed for the meal portions. Three Japanese portions are exactly right for the two of us! We are full, but not stuffed, and nothing is left over.

Quote:
My partner, on the other hand, would say, while poking around in an unfamiliar meal, "What's this?" or "What's that?" or "What's that smell?.
In our case it's ME that is asking that! I always left the cooking of Japanese meals to her. Now that I'm doing it, I don't have any idea of half the stuff I'm making! I have to follow the recipe book every step of the way!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote