View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
A new, interesting way of eating!

For the past few days we've been experimenting with a food service that was advertising in our neighborhood. They sent around a large (newspaper size) glossy magazine filled with photos of different meals. Usually three courses, all different foods and recipes (all Japanese, of course,) and complete preparation and cooking instructions for each dish. You can choose the number of portions, and even decide on quick cooking or longer prep.

We chose five different dinners out of a choice of about 25. Each day, the company delivers all the ingredients just for that day's meal in an insulated box. The leave the box in our outer hall so we don't even have to be here to receive it. We just empty the box, follow the directions, and have a nice dinner. We have to provide salt, pepper, and rice, etc, but otherwise everything needed is included in the container, all fresh and ready to prep.

It's seems to be about 2/3rds the cost of what I had been spending for our dinners, and certainly easier than going to the market every day, although I do miss the daily visit to the market and deciding which country's food we'll have that night. So far, each meal has been fairly tasty, and the portion size exactly right. (We order for three. ) This isn't something we will do every week, but one week out of every 3-4 weeks will be nice!

I know that there are food delivery services that will fill your freezer and stock your cupboards in other countries, but I'd never heard of one that made daily deliveries of just that day's food. Does something like this exist in your part of the world?
Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote