View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks for the detailed information. I believe you're getting this error message because the plugin can't find the Java executable.

Did you follow the instructions at the bottom of the very first post about adding a path to the Java executable to the Windows PATH environment variable and do you see the version number, if you enter java -version in a command prompt window?

If not, this might be the cause of the problem, because the plugin assumes that the java executable can be found via PATH (or other environment variables).

(I've added the path to the PATH environment variable and have no problems running the epubcheck plugin via Calibre.)
When I ran java -version, it displayed the version. However, this was using Oracle's symlink path. When epubcheck didn't work, I added the direct path to the x64 java as the first item in the PATH variable.

Code:
Original:
Path=C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;

Modified:
Path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
FlightCrew will always work, because because the FlightCrew binary is in a pre-defined, known location, while the Java binary might be in any number of directories.

Maybe a Calibre plugin developer could develop a Calibre epubcheck plugin for you?
I've been using a batch file to check epubs so will just continue using that when I need/want to use epubcheck.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-10-2015 at 08:42 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote