View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #60
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Mine was only an exemple, I'm italian, my kobo is set to italian of course, so when reading books in italian it is good to me that first appears definition of the word, otherwise when I read english books I want the EN-IT translation first and only as second choice the EN definition.
The easiest way for me to obtain it is on the basis of the match between firmware LANG and book LANG, the assumption is that if I set language X in firmware it is my mother language, so for Books in language other than X needs traslation dictionary first than definition.
Hopefully this should be a selectable option not to disappoint anyone.
I understood your point quit well. I only wanted to stress that we should ask for user selectable options rather then for replacing one restriction by another.
By the way, you can circumvent the current restrictions to some extent if you care doing it. For instance, if you swap the filenames of the Spain-English dictionary and the Spain definition dictionary they will behave as you wished in your example.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote