View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT;
Could you provide any evidence to support your claim that the typical book gets re-sold "hundreds" of times during its lifetime? I very seriously doubt the truth of this assertion.
To buy new English language books here in Spain often means paying the cover price again for postage.

I don't know about "hundreds" but near where I live there has been a very successful second hand book shop for over 20 years.

This shop typically marks their 2nd hand paper backs at the equivalent of $7/$10 (double this for large format & hback) of which they will credit you half on return.

They say the books return many, many times before they become unreadable. so in effect this is just a very expensive library where the author and publisher get nothing other than the first sale.

I personally would prefer to buy ebooks to keep where they are priced similarly at $3-$5 as I guess many would.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote