View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #11
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Hey there NatCh. I guess the way I see it is this: there is a decent (not great, but decent) ereader already out there for a low price point: The Ebookwise Reader.

What is going to make the average consumer pay $350 for a ebook reader? One that allows people to read in bed. I would guess that the majority of romance reaaders read at night and in bed. I don't see the eink technology enough to push me over into spending $350.00 on something where I would have to have the lamp on. I know this sounds crazy but I bet you that if you were to take a poll at my site, the majority of people would say that lack of a back light is a deal breaker when there is an existing ereader that "does the job".

Hmm. Maybe I should run a poll.

Oh and it has to look a hell of a lot better than that fugly thing Amazon is thinking about selling. Gah.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote