View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #20
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I feel like it's false advertising. If a device can't handle anything over what a 2gig card can carry, they shouldn't advertise that it can take a larger card.
I think you forget that many professional books and catalogs are pdf files and often very, very large. This is the audience that they are addressing with the large sd card space, not the folks with 25,000 books. It's the indexing that is causing you problems, not the sum total of the files. That indexing probably does have a limit on your unit.

Now,I would not even have thought of this, but it is how my uncle uses his reader.It's not quantity of files, but size of files. Also, I noticed them doing the same thing in the ER last week - Much of the medical library is on ereaders to make it easier for medical personnel to access it, which makes sense when there are a limited number of computer stations available.

Last edited by Tarana; 12-08-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote