View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Anna Drake
Zealot
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
DWS turned his novel in to a trad publisher, who I believe will provide editing. And I don't think anyone is arguing against proofing your work. I read an excellent post in another forum about how one author turns out large numbers of books. But I think she sent them out to beta readers along with editing each chapter three times as she wrote the rest of the novel. But her output is amazing. And that DWS can write 7,000 words a day leaves me on the floor.

But that kind of output need not be for us all. Personally, I'd like to kick my productivity up by more than a notch. But we all have to work at a pace suited for us. Your goal I bet is to turn out well turned prose that translates into charming stories. Others write action scenes where the words, while still important, don't count quite so much. I think with all writing, we have to do what pleases ourselves because if we don't love it, nobody else will.

Last edited by Anna Drake; 05-15-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote