View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #54
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyY View Post
I have an Aura HD with Firmware 2.5.1 and have used the Penelope script to convert Stardict formats of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Britannica Concise and full 2nd Edition Oxford English Dictionary to Kobo and copy them across and can also confirm that they all work without power cycling....
On my Aura, after renaming the original dictionary, and replacing it with a modified/converted one (my thanks to "dimm"!), it at first didn't see it. It kept saying I didn't have an English dictionary installed. (Even after powering off and on.) It led me to "Manage Dictionaries", where I eventually got it to recognize the new one by unchecking the English dictionary, then clicking Save, then locating and checking the English dictionary again, and clicking Save again. Then it took a minute to update / load, and now I have (what is presumably) a new English dictionary. Seems to work fine.

So, if someone's replaced dictionary doesn't seem to "take" at first, you could try that.

Last edited by Mikeyboards; 05-15-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote