View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #55
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Originally Posted by ShellShock: Beware - there is a bug in the 2.4.0 firmware which means that italics for some fonts only work with a US locale. More details here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...45#post2435445.

...weird!
I couldn't duplicate ShellShock's results using the Charis SIL font which he mentioned as one of those he had problems with. I tried half a dozen en_ locales, fr_CA, fr_FR, nl_NL and ja_JP. None of those locale changes seemed to have any effect on my font tester file. The version of Charis SIL I'm using displayed bold, italic, bold-italic and emphasized correctly, none of the characters went missing, etc. Avenir, Gill Sans and Kobo Nickel showed bold where italic was specified which is a bug that's been there since Kobo moved away from standard .tff files.

Since he mentioned editing the internal font file names, I suspect that he did not follow the Kobo font file naming convention which would lead to not using the correct font in at least some of his testing.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-24-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typos, what else....
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote