View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
It seems like nearly everyone on the planet has a cell phone these days, so I think it's reasonable that many people will be happy enough to read on them, but I'm with rhadin on hating cell phones (and TVs). I have a low-end cell phone that works on pre-paid cards, but it's out of minutes at the moment and has become deactivated through lack of use. I tried an auto-renew plan that was supposed to re-activate the phone each month for a low fee, but since I don't have the phone turned on, the particular day it wants to reactivate comes and goes and I still don't have an active phone. Other family members seem upset by the fact that I'm not easily on call. (To me, this seems like a good argument against getting the phone reactivated.)

All that being said, I wouldn't mind an all-in-one device. In fact, I miss using my Apple Newton for that purpose. But it didn't sync with my work calendar (viewable by my coworkers for the purpose of scheduling meetings), so I switched to a Palm Pilot... which is out of batteries at the moment and has been for quite a while.

On the other hand, my iLiad is always charged up and in use nearly every day.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote