View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
almagary
Wears funny hat (cloth)
almagary began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Touch
My problem is that my Kobo WiFi has recently been putting all ebooks (sideloaded via Calibre) onto the end of the I'm Reading list and leaving them there. Therefore most of those books are essentially inacessible, all are unfindable and unalphabetizable. I'm Reading now has 337 titles while Books has 442.

For fear of "losing" books on I'm Reading, I'm stopped all sideloading and hesitate before doing anything with SDHC card when it arrives.

My Kobo WiFi has firmware 1.7.4; desktop app is 1.8; Calibre is 0.7.36.

I saw "Taming"'s post of 1/4/11 (#10) saying that if you don't open a book on the I'm Reading it will migrate to Books. That isn't my experience; I'm Reading just gets longer.

A column on the Calibre list indicates which books are on I'm Reading but doesn't give me any tool to undesignate them or move all those titles into the Books list.

(A separate but maybe related problem: After I used the Kobo desktop app to buy a couple books and pick up some freebies and sync with the Kobo, Calibre went into a tizzy. First it spent 19 minutes rebuilding the gadget's db, then has been spending 13 minutes uploading the metadata for even a single book! But Calibre doesn't control placement on I'm Reading and offers no toos for me to use.)

My feeling now is that to fix the Books/I'm Reading problem I must get direct access to the Kobo's db. I'm a newbie on dealing with SQL, so need some introductory lesson (or warning not to proceed). Any other possible solutions for this overloaded I'm Reading list?
almagary is offline   Reply With Quote