View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
PDF to ePub in Calibre - input somewhat scrambled

I'm pretty new to Calibre and handling eBooks, and don't seem to be getting along too well with Search, so please don't get annoyed at stupidity.

I was hoping to get all my e-books into one reader on my iPod Touch, and have quite a few in non-DRM PDF format. When I go PDF --> ePub in Calibre (using default settings, I'm not knowledgeable enough to play with the settings), lines of text tend to migrate in odd ways. I'll be reading along and here's a couple of lines from the next page, then back to where I should be, and those lines do not recur in their proper place.

Suggestions? Right now, I'm working on deciding between Stanza or iBooks for stuff that started as ePub, and am having the best luck with GoodReader for PDFs. Still, I'd prefer to have everything in one app.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote