View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #10
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
The 15.2 firmware would invariably corrupt the FAT on my SD card within a matter of days. Most typically after performing a cold boot (ie. when it was off for a couple of hours), but I cannot rule out the shutdown routine.

The corruption would lead to an unreadable sd, and all files gone, so I soon gave up on using it. But as I said before, I'm really a light-user, I use it for a reading device, and do not expect anything tablet-like. All the books I care to read for a year (and more) fit easily on even half of the internal memory.

Still its nice to be able to use the sd from now, I do have a large ebook library on my PC, that I could bring on a vacation to browse at leisure.

If you think that the sd should have worked from day 1, I can only agree. Though a recall is perhaps a bit too much to ask. The problem seems to have gone away since installing the RC, so a quicker firmware release would have helped.

I do appreciate the ongoing effort though and will continue to check for newer versions as they appear.

Last edited by joepie; 10-07-2011 at 10:14 AM.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote