View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Love
The device is well designed. Reading on it is easy and pleasant.
I have complete freedom with what goes on or off it - it's a standard USB drive when connected.
I can have it forever and I don't need to rely on manufacturer support. I'm not tied to particular software or wifi access etc.
There really is something wonderful about having an entire library in my hand. If I was stuck on a desert island with my Cybook (full of books!) and some way to charge it I'd be happy.

What I hate
Bookeen for keeping me waiting on folder support. If they'd said "We'll be developing folder support for new devices, and we might try and retrofit the Cybook Gen 3 with it" then we'd have been happy. I bought it without folder support. It's just the hanging on thinking it's just around the corner that's the problem! Folder support will make the device so much more, I can add books as and when I like and I know they'll be there for me to read whenever. Without folder support I find I try not to put too much on it.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote