View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #16
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroso View Post
I have a fresh bad experience of a Windows application I tried to install with Wine (it installed but didn't work, the uninstaller failed, and I am still fixing file associations it changed).
There are several possibilities here.
When you install Wine it uses ~/.wine directory to store its virtual C: drive. So you can
- back up the ~/.wine directory and if you see the new application is not working restore the copy
- use a temporary "empty" ~/wine/C: directory and see if the app is working and then you install it to your main Wine installation.

I use the first variant. But my ~/.wine directory isn't big at the moment.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote