Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 AM   #251
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
& NBSP; is typically used to keep ONE Word pair from splitting (forces the spaces elsewhere). You can't just say DON'T Split between ALL words and expect Justify not to barf all over

I see. Spaces seem to be almost inevitable with the 'justify' setting (and without 'busy' hyphenation). I would accept that in relation to spaces between words. But punctuatiion marks should be close to the relative word. So, my question was only about the strange behaviour concerning the ›...‹ marks.

However, I fetched the book completely new, formatted it again in Sigil, loaded it up in Calibre and sent it to the device, and the result was that there are still some of these issues, but pretty much fewer, and where the spaces appear, they are much smaller than before. Don't know what it was. Remaining problems I hope to resolve with & NBSP;.

But, I admit, there are also spaces missing after punctuation marks.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote