Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #249
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I don't know which Unicode properties they referred to, but you could easily find out whether \p{L} is supported by the regex engine of your editor by actually using it.
i mean, i tried the regex out before posting, and my text editor didn't find it. i was actually asking because i was more wondering if it was a deficiency with my text editor or a limitation of the engine (i really have no idea how a regex engine works, but i'm learning).

anyway, did some research, turns out i was wrong about the interpreter (i'm using sublime text 2 which, by the way, is really, really great, and it uses Boost, which i guess is a 'flavour'(?) of Perl).

boost does support this kind of expression but the syntax is slightly different. linking to the docs in case anyone else uses ST and wants the reference:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_47_0/libs/regex/doc/html/boost_regex/syntax/perl_syntax.html
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote