View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #17
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
While I agree that Android is not as intuitive as iOS or Windows Phone 7.5 I think that they gave as much info as possible. There is a getting started fold out with the Vox that explains the basics. The only thing it doesn't show in the fold out is how to unlock the lock screen. The lock screen shows an lock with an arrow plus a dot on the other side. Even if you couldn't figure this out right away you could have done a quick search online and seen a video on it. Once in you have the Kobo Vox manual right on the main screen that has a bunch of info. Really though once it is up and running you could use it pretty quickly as a pure e-reader without much if any configuration. It is when you want to start doing all the other fun stuff that a tablet does that the issues are going to occur.

I did say it before the Vox was released though that I thought that this isn't the device to get for the non technically inclined. The touch is a much better device for those people.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote