View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner3k View Post
Just so it doesn't seem like I'm crazy, here's the settings I'm using:

{author_sort}/{series}{series_index:0>3s}/{title}

Which give me (for the Cobra series):

Books/Zahn, Timothy/Cobra001/

...which is exactly what I want (thanks in no small part to the help I received on this thread, thank you!!). What I DON'T want is the filename to read:

Timothy Zahn#Cobra.epub
You are not crazy.

The Jetbook device driver forces the last part of the path to be {authors}#{title}.epub. The driver uses uses this pattern to determine author and title. I don't know why it does this (the driver is before my time), or what will break if it is changed. For all I know, the Jetbook requires this format.

Their are changes in 0.7.2 that make the forced filename not be required for filename metadata matching. All that is required is that title and author_sort or author be somewhere in the name. If someone can convince Kovid that the forced name is not necessary (which may be easy for all I know), then it can be removed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote