View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
I'm still not entirely sure what is happening here, but following some of your suggestions, I am able to connect now (although it sometimes disconnects spontaneously). Using a different USB cable and connecting directly to a USB port on the computer instead of through a (powered) USB hub seems to help. Interestingly, when I can't connect, the EZ-Reader goes into the charging mode so there is obviously some physical connection to the computer.
Only charging mode?
Meaning there was only the Battery with a lightning bolt and LED sequence, Not the "Connect: Press OK" or "Connected" Screen.

Direct port is best USB hubs are notorious for being way under-powered
(each port can be 1/2Amp. 4 ports says the external Power unit must be 2.0A to supply 4 ports fully)

Check for lint in the mini USB port which may allow power contact, but not all the signals.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote