View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #23
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Universal DRM is laughable. Trying to get competing companies to share tech? Not likely. It isn't in their best interest. Like others have said, the closest we'll get is if one form of DRM completely crushes the competition and the others basically disappear, or if you count streaming. Streaming really is a bit of a misnomer, because they all use different forms of DRM, just the end user doesn't really notice.

And I don't think she's delusional, just really a salesperson. I work with them all day long at my job, and they will lie their ass off to make a sale. Anything that needs to be said to make sure the sale goes through will be said. I frequently see orders come in that promise delivery for product that we do not have in stock, and have to be shipped before we're even expecting to receive it (not to mention, all the work we have to do on it when it comes in).

Last edited by Hellmark; 02-01-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote