View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #60
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I just installed the root version on my Nexus 7. Nothing will make reading on a back-lit device as good as reading on my eInk one, but this makes a huge difference. Thank you.
The root version doesn't adjust contrast--I am not sure it's quite good enough for dimming the N7, but then I don't have the N7. Note that if you set the text colors right in your e-reader app (assuming it allows fine adjustment), you can get the same contrast adjustment effect as ScreenDim gives, though.

As for eInk, I have the opposite opinion: nothing makes reading on eInk as good as reading on a back-lit device. To read comfortably on an eInk device, one has to turn on the lights or uncover a window. (Paper has the same problem, of course.) Tastes differ here, and there is no need to argue about it. :-)
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote