View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #13
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Whoa, this looks awesome!

Is there any chance of having this for us non-Windows users?

I'm talking Linux, specifically, but maybe some MacOS folks would also be interested. If I missed something along the way and there is a way to do this on Linux (MacOS), any pointers are appreciated

Thanks!
Awesome? That is the name of the Kindle Touch window manager. This looks nothing like that. But yes, I strive to make "highly awesomized" code. Thanks.

I am working on a Linux version of sb_loader, which can download and run u-boot images in the kindle. It is in progress...

In the mean time, I am using 64-bit Linux, and I thoroughly tested this in a 32-bit Windows XP Virtual Machine running in VirtualBox, by passing the Kindle USB port directly through to the Windows USB/HID device driver inside the VM.

MacOS can run XP using its built-in emulation, or you could install XP in QEMU or something.

I plan to make the sb_loader replacement cross-platform using libusb (and perhaps libSDL if we expand into full GUI-land).

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-21-2012 at 12:48 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote