View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynelawson View Post
I have over 4000 books and I have downloaded the metadata for them, from say Amazon. In the Tag field I can see Genre information but I cannot get the Tag field into my newly created Genre, advised from the wiki: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

Ideally, I would like to re-download metadata and have the Genre field automatically filled in. Is this possible?
I thought I already had my library with a Genre column/field automatically fill, however, after an update I seem to have lost it. I am now questioning myself . Is there a addin that I may have added in my previous version that is not there now?

Kind Regards
Wayne
AFAIK this is NOT automatic

1)search/filter so only those books with you tag to be made into a Genre are showing.
2) Select All (ctrl-A)
3) Tap 'E' (bulk Metadata edit)
4) switch to the Custom Column tab
5) Type in the assigned Genre into the Genre (column) box

OK
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote