View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #377
dioioib
Enthusiast
dioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Arc, Kobo Touch N905B
I did a little digging and looked at the datasheet for the processor the Kobo Touch uses, well specifically the chip errata and there are quite a few bugs in the silicon supplied by Freescale (i.MX508). One of the issues listed has to do with SD card data writes. They did list a work around but this could be why a working solution is slow coming.

I was told that my unit was defective so I am going to try the next unit and see if its more responsive and reliable.

I did buy a ADATA microSD Class-10 Card which listed in Disk Utility as SDXC (Not the SDHC I expected - #win). It worked fairly well in my reader but only on FW 1.9.14. Still could not get 1.9.16 to work reliably.

But I have to be honest I still love my Kobo!

Last edited by dioioib; 02-10-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: spelling error
dioioib is offline   Reply With Quote