View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:33 PM   #11
madagascaradam
Enthusiast
madagascaradam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Edition 2
Thanks for the extra input. So, I'm still debating between a PW 4 and a Kobo (either H2O or Clara, it seems). Does anyone have both and can compare them?

I've read a number of Amazon reviews of people saying the lighting on the new PW4 is more blue than the old lighting, as well as more glare on the screen. That really doesn't sound good to me, as I do a lot of my reading in the dark. The Kobos seem to have the adjustable-color lighting... can people comment on how that is in the dark - especially if compared to ereaders (like the PW) that don't have the comfortlight options?

I've also read a number of Amazon reviews that suggest the PW4 has significantly reduced battery life. That is definitely *not* good in my mind, as my whole reason for wanting to replace my PW1 at this point is that the battery is dying. I don't want a device that already starts with lower battery life levels. I see that Terisa says hers lasts so long she doesn't remember her last charge, so that's a nice start. But are there any direct comparisons..... people who've tried both? Number of days/hours each device can manage? That sort of thing. Let me know if the Kobos (either the Clara or the H2O) definitely have significantly better battery life (or not) than the PW4.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone else know if the Kobos regularly go on sale? Again, I struggle with the price point a bit, haha!
madagascaradam is offline   Reply With Quote