View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #29
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I've got a *bunch* of .txt files which have - for some silly reason - *SHORT* lines, maybe 40-45 characters before hitting a hard line-break. Is there a simple executable or a Word 2002 script which will take out all the excess line-breaks within a paragraph. Most of these files have two line-breaks between paragraphs.

I have, on my system Atlantis Word Processor and Word 2002 if anyone has a script for one of those.

Derek
You might find it worth getting a text editor (such as e-texteditor that supports regular expressions. These allow you to do very clever search and replace operations - eg select all returns that follow a letter rather than a punctuation mark and delete them (or replace with a space). There's a bit of a learning curve but they offer a very flexible way of dealing with problem texts.

Have a look at the tutorial here.

Last edited by andym; 09-19-2007 at 05:31 PM.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote