View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 AM   #1
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Microsoft reader problem

Okay, I installed and have been using Microsoft Reader for a few weeks now with no issue at all. I was buying from FW downloading and using a certain bit of kit to help me convert to lrf's. Everything worked great.
All of a sudden (for the past 4 days) whenever I download a DRM'd lit or try to open a DRM'd lit book, it opens then shuts down ..........it will open non DRM'd okay but all DRM'd books cause it to shut again.
It successfully downloads them, just won't display them.

I don't want to un-install and reinstall as I will have to go through the activation again and I'm not sure if this will use an activation up, as I said , it was all working fine.

I did do a search and found one person with the same issue, his seemed or resolve itself on its own.

I did check the activation severs and they seem to be down.......is it possible this is the cause and it may work again when the servers are up? I assume it checks these serves when you open DRM'd books?
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote