View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #12
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
I don't need to see the date, but the time would be very useful for when I get carried away in my book.
You might not need the date correct, but the Kindle does need it. It will get confused otherwise. Losing time overnight when you are not watching sounds a lot like a crash while it was busy doing something and got confused. I just restarted my own PW (no crash) and it kept the time correct (airplane mode was on). So it does not have to lose time on a restart, only maybe on some kind of crash.

If the date really doesn't make any difference to you, then I would like you to just see what happens when you set it. Can't hurt right? The next thing to check would be to see if there is still books that need indexing. On home screen search for "." (just a period) - if nothing needs indexing, then you should see no result. If you still have things to index, it might be stuck indexing. There is some mobi books out there that like to crash the indexer, or make it stall. Would have no idea why your PW would crash any other way, especially when you are not doing anything at the time.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote