View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomtom View Post
Thank you eureka, now I just get 12 warning and imx_usb has been created. However, I guess I am unable to find my kindle in usb_download_mode. Do I have to put any special commands so that the kindle is used in the right way on my mac (of course I hold down the power key until the lamp goes of, then hold down menu key, then release the power key and finally release the menu key)?
by just using imx_usb, I get:
$ ./imx_usb fastboot.bin
parse mx50_usb_work.conf
15a2:0052(KindleTouch) bConfigurationValue =1
Claim failed
imx_usb_loader is based on libusb. Googling for libusb macos claim failed took me to libusb ticket #89 saying that HID devices aren't supported by libusb on recent MacOS X. USB downloader mode protocol (used by imx_usb_loader) is HID-based and KT in USB downloader mode is recognized as HID device. Ticket is 2 years old, but it's closed as wontfix. (There is also related libusb ticket #33.)

So, I guess, you must to boot into other OS to work with imx_usb_loader. Maybe Ubuntu LiveCD?...
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote