View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAmandaK View Post
Does anyone else with a Kindle PW manage their books on the computer - a.k.a. put what you want on the PW but otherwise leave it on the computer?
I don't have a PW, but that's exactly how I manage my books. Calibre is terrific at managing your library, far better than any e-reader can possibly be, so why not use it instead of trying to manage your entire library on your e-reader?

It's also very easy to keep back-ups of your library, thanks to the tips on here I now have my Calibre library in my dropbox folder, and that way it's automatically up to date without me having to do a thing.

However, if you do want to store a lot of books on your e-reader, bear in mind even the limited storage of the Paperwhite will allow you to have about 1000 books on there. There are other options though, what about the Kobo Glo, as you can use an SD Card with it?

Neither the Kobo Glo nor the Paperwhite are perfect, but both look to have very clearly improved the light over what the Nook Glowlight offers. Although, if you like the page turn buttons on your Nook, it's the only one that offers that!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote