View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #84
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Let them try to remove the content from my Nook.
Apache
There's obviously some ability to do so - you remove stuff you bought through B&N by archiving it on their web site, after all - but it works a little differently, and it's not all that clear to me that actually removes it from the device.

The important thing, though, is that with Amazon, it's covered explicitly in the terms, and legally, I expect that will matter if it ever gets reviewed by a court. To be a "sale of goods," generaly, there needs to a single payment for an indefinite term of use. The first, a Kindle book has, the second, that particular term says no, you don't have.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote