View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #189
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant0 View Post
In this post ...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=19
It says...
"Do not perform a direct system update from v.1.0.2. to v.2.0.0. This will corrupt conflicting apps and system files. Kindly perform the first update using img. files provided below and flash them with the RK Batch Tool."

I don't understand, how do I do the update indirectly? Is there an update between 1.02 and 2.0 that I need to perform first, or do I need to downgrade to 1.0.1 first and then do straight to v2.0.0? Or does it mean there is a good and a bad method of updating? (I dont want to try guess what is meant as I dont want it to go horribly wrong). So I would be very grateful if someone could explain the steps in more detail please.

I have: Boyue LikeBook Plus B201707, v1.0.2-2018041113
The wording is slightly confusing but if you read here from my post onward it will make more sense but basically if you update through the update.zip though stock recovery the files overlap for some apps and it gets corrupted to an extent. So what you do is backup your stuff off your device that you don't want to loose (books ect) and then use the batch tool to flash a fresh image of the 2.00 update wiping the device in the process and it will reboot as if it was factory reset on v2.0.
Malcolm

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=73
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote