View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #2645
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaraygun View Post
But I have carefully followed the directions. After I reset the whole thing, I went back and made sure I read everything twice. The button is still grey.
Did you read the install spoiler?
Quote:
Download the attached kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip file, and unpack it. In here, you'll find a few files.
Unzip the contents of the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive to the root directory of your Kindle.

Now, eject & unplug your Kindle, and go to [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle. The updater won't actually ever run, this is normal. After a few seconds, the words **** JAILBREAK **** will appear at the bottom of your screen to confirm that the device is jailbroken . You won't see this message again, it's simply a confirmation message.

And that's it, your Kindle is now ready to install custom hacks!

Since v1.11.N: If you need to use something MKK-powered immediately, be aware that MKK will only be active on the next boot. Installing another package through the Update mechanism will do the trick, or you can manually trigger a device restart ([HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Restart).
I want you to do:
1) Download the attached kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip file, and unpack it. In here, you'll find a few files.

2) Unzip the contents of the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive to the root directory of your Kindle.

3) Make a screenshot of the file manager's view of what you have installed at the highest visible level of USB storage BEFORE you remove the USB cable or try to use the UYK function.

4 Attach the screenshot image to your next post.
Not in-line, use the "manage attachments" section of the "advanced" editor.

Hint: Over a million people have done this and you don't see a million complaints.
So show us with the screenshot what you have done before trying to install the jb package.

Last edited by knc1; 09-24-2017 at 12:16 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote