View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #208
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
Blossom, thanks for the info., I guess 3 things are happening simultaneously on those two Autumn Dawn titles (Free at Smashwords by her, sold by Amazon through Montlake, and also KDP Select at Amazon). They all seem kind of mutually exclusive and shouldn't be happening all at once!

As far as the KDP Select thing goes, a title (self-pubbed or previously published and the author has the rights) that's available at other sites is just KDP and ones that are only at Amazon are KDP Select? Do you know of a way to tell the difference between KDP or KDP Select in the description of a title at Amazon? It would be nice if I knew whether or not to look for a title at other sites ahead of time. I don't check other sites too often (only when I have the time or inclination), but I'd like to know ahead of time if it's worth checking.
KDP Select will have a Prime logo by the price. These will not be available anyone else. KDP will not have this and can be published at other estores like Smashwords, Nook or Kobo.

My guess is someone reported the price to Amazon. They don't always follow up to Smashwords price reporting. They are not Select so she can do whatever she wishes, however she needs to get into touch with Montlake and figure out if she wants to stay or have them remove their versions.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote