View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #206
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
Blossom, Autumn Dawn says on her website "I've mentioned before that Dorchester isn't paying its authors and they've let their last editor go. Since my contract binds me from selling my books with them until they proclaim bankruptcy, I'm going to make lemonade and use When Sparks Fly as free advertising. I'm not seeing a dime from them on paid copies, so be my guest, help yourself to the free version." She says this for both When Sparks Fly and No Words Alone, and links both of those titles to Smashwords. I wonder why those 2 books would be in KDP Select if she can't sell them right now, as well as being available for free at Smashwords when KDP Select is exclusive?

So, I thought these titles were somehow a mistake from when Dorchester was selling them originally or that Montlake is either affiliated with Dorchester or bought out these titles from Dorchester? I haven't checked up on all the shenanigans with Dorchester recently, I should probably check up on all that.

Are all titles that say "sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.", KDP Select? What do titles say that are sold at Amazon but are not KDP Select (and might even be self-pubbed)?
Good questions. Amazon bought the books through Dorchester. They are now being sold through the Montlake Imprint. The author self published the tiles earlier this year. It's up to her to either get her rights back which Amazon is offering the previous Dorchester authors or to stay on with them and get paid. Right now Amazon owns the rights to the two books unless the author got her rights reverted back to her.

KDP are books that are self published and usually they have no DRM. Where it says Publisher there will either be a small publisher's name or none at all. It will say Unlimited usage and Lending enabled as well.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote