View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
monkbythesea
monkbythesea began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile
[REQ] Cover browser window to launch independently in full screen

Hello all. I am wanting to launch the cover browser window first and bypass the Calibre library. I have found the setting to launch the cover browser window in a separate window but is there a way to launch the cover browser window by itself? I looked for the .exe for the cover browser window in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2 folder but nothing was there.

Also, if there is a way to launch the cover browser window independently, is there a way to launch it in full screen instead of a windowed mode?

If there's no way to do this, then is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to the cover browser window? This will allow me to assign that shortcut to a button on my remote control. Why am I wanting all this?

I have integrated Calibre into my home theatre setup and I have been perusing my magazine collection via remote control on my living room tv. It has been great perusing my collection from the comfort of my couch. The cover browser window is much larger and easier to navigate my collection, thus, I use it more. Also, if it were able to launch in full screen versus windowed, it would make things easier to view from the distance from the couch.

Also, is there any way to use the pageup/pagedown keys (or maybe another set of keys) to skip through the collection? Or perhaps to assign the alpha/numeric keys to skip to the corresponding letter/number in the collection. I mainly use the cover browser window to navigate and flipping one by one is tedious.

I know my request may seem strange because there aren't many people using Calibre on a 60" television in their living room but I gotta say they really should. The cover browser window is a very beautiful way to display and navigate through your collection. Also, being able to enjoy my magazines from the comfort of my couch without all the material clutter is really really nice. I highly recommend others try it. I have gone to a completely digital lifestyle. No more cds. No more dvds. And now thanks to Calibre, no more books and magazines lying around getting damaged. Just a remote, a couch, a computer and an obnoxiously large tv lol. Check out a youtube video of a program called MediaBrowser to get an idea of what I'm trying to achieve. Any help would be appreciated.
monkbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote