View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #147
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksOnBowser View Post
I tried to buy an ebook from B&N as a test. I used the USUnlocked Billing & Shipping address but my UK Diners card. It failed. The error says "This title is unavailable to download. Either your payment method was declined, a refund was issued, or charge-back was applied to this item. Contact our Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for details."

I then bought a $10 egiftcard and sent it to myself, this worked fine, payment accepted etc. Only problem was the book cost $10.76 with the sales tax!!!!!

So it is stuck, because they can't take the extra 76c from my Diners.

I'm definitely going to get this to work
To buy books at B&N you also need to have an USA IP-address.
For this you need to use a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or Alwaysvpn.com ($8.50).
Using the USA address as shipping and billing address, and the VPN for an USA ip-address, you should be able to buy books with your UK credit card.

I have no problem buying books from B&N here in the Netherlands using Alwaysvpn.com and my Dutch Visa card.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote