View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by osama_jamal View Post
Well the refresh rate is fine, but it seems that the software is slow. But I really don't think ASUS will risk going into the market with a slower screen than eInk. I think that they are getting a new technology from SiPix. Otherwise, they'd just use the Metal-Foil e-Paper Display used in the Skiff.
I heard it is very fast even with the large screen.

I just hope they release the device soon.
The newer units flash to white instead of black. Black is the fluid color white is the small balls in SiPix. This may speed up the display a bit I don't know. It is very subjective as you say, hard to separate the processing of the page from the display update. My Pocket Pro changes pages faster than my EZ Reader basic but then it has a processor with twice the speed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote