View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Now, since I like reading some crime novels that would be a "guilty" pleasure.

But otherwise I'm having trouble thinking of other ways to look at this, since I don't feel much guilt associated with my reading ... except that I should often be working instead of reading. (One of the hazards of working for yourself is that the boss is generally sympathetic to your foibles.)
The problem as I see it is most books that fall into a guilty pleasure category are romance. I'm not embarrassed by anything I'm currently reading or have in my TBR pile. So how am I to pick something I'd find a guilty pleasure when anything that might fit into that category I probably won't enjoy reading and thus not a pleasure? Oh and the one book I did find that might have fit but too expensive (yes I have it, but others won't).

Since nobody has made any nominations, I'd like to suggest we scrap this topic and pick one where we can find books to nominate.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-01-2020 at 08:57 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote