View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
pinosan
pinosan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre update problem under Ubuntu / "E-book converter and library management"

Dear all,

I'm new around here so first of all sorry if this is not the right place to post.

I am using Calibre under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Recently I decided to upgrade from the version distributed through the official Ubuntu repositories (2.85.1) to the latest available one (3.12.0). To do so I followed the method described in https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux ("Binary install").

Calibre itself appears to have been upgraded alright, but I since I did this I keep receiving an error message when running Ubuntu Software Updater. This lists a package named "E-book converter and library management", which is obviously related to Calibre.

Under the tab "Technical Description" / "Changes" for this package I can read the following:

"Changes for calibre-bin versions:
Installed version: 2.55.0+dfsg-1
Available version: 2.85.1-1~getdeb1
This update does not come from a source that supports changelogs."

If I try to install the package, I end up in the Ubuntu error message "Requires installation of untrusted packages - This requires installing packages from unauthenticated sources".

Can any one figure out what I should do to complete the installation of this package (or to avoid the error message each time I update Ubuntu)?

Thanks a lot.
pinosan is offline   Reply With Quote