View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:12 AM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That is a device so old that it only complies with the hardware spec for USB, and not the software drivers spec.

It uses custom drivers which I think are only available bundled with the companion Windows app. FYI: Installing that app could bork some of the less important network protocols on your device.
I have a few files saved that appear to be drivers for the USB:
  • Win_eBookUSB_Installer.exe (2005)
  • Win_eBookUSB_Installer_3.0.exe (2006)
  • Win_eBookUSB_Installer_4.0.exe (2009)

I also have saved copies of the EBWLibrarian program, which is a rebranded version of GEBLibrarian (which was originally offered by Steve Breen at http://www.breeno.org/eBook/), plus various version of the ETI eBook Publisher program. If I remember correctly (and I admit the details are fuzzy), I think ETI bought the readers after Rocketbook stopped selling them.

They're executable files, so I don't know if I could upload them here if you'd want to try them. I did a Google search using the filename of the first USB installer, and it did come up on a couple of driver sites.

I thought I had some old notes about using these programs, but I'm not having luck finding them.

EDIT: FYI - I just noticed that the Breeno site linked above still offers a download of the USB drivers and instructions on how to use GEB librarian. On second glance, they link the really old Gemstar USB drivers and provide a no-longer-functioning link to the old ETI website for the USB drivers.

I'm willing to share what I have, if you're willing to trust my uploading EXE files (assuming I even can).

Last edited by FizzyWater; 05-01-2017 at 02:13 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote