View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #93
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Before testing KOReader I found it helpfull to enable telnet, enable wireless and open the extra internet browser to make sure the Aura is connected to the local network with an IP adres.
When KOReader hangs, you can still telnet into the device, and give commands like kill and reboot. ___No_need_to_do_a_factory_reset!!___

For those that have a problem with nonworking pictograms after changing shell codes, perform the changes through a linux command shell. The easiest way is via putty, a windows program that gives you access to the Aura's command shell via telnet.
(One of the reasons for not working could be that the EndOfLine symbol is different between linux and windows. In Notepad++ the EOLmarker for windows is represented as CRLF, in Unix as LF.)
I knew I should have used/setup the Usbnet feature.

OT: one of the first C programs I wrote while in the Army was to change the
EOL from a Unix generated report stream into one compatible with Signals equipment based on a Windows/DOS OS.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote