View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapline View Post
Hi Taming.
No problems sequential numbering as long as it numbers each page. Not same number for more than one page. Just Kepub looks good.
Kepub books count page turns. So, for example, I was reading a book and on the bottom it said I was on page 18 of 19 in the chapter. I made the text really, really big and now it says I am on page 88 of 96.

The ePub files use a formula based on the number of characters that make up a page. I just did the same thing and big or small text, I was on page 28 of 225, but there were multiple page turns associated with the 28. If you go to the advance settings (wrench) you can turn on the margin page numbers to see where exactly Adobe considers a new "page" to begin.

People who want to tell someone what page to look at or who want to cite something in a more formal way, will find the ePUB way helpful as the page numbering will almost always be the same regardless of what font size or reader folks are using. This does not, btw, mean that it translates 1:1 with a particular printed version.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote