View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
dsandrei
dsandrei doesn't litterdsandrei doesn't litterdsandrei doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
@taming Thank you for the explanations. I know how difficult it can be managing and integrating third party libraries. Good thing you reminded me about font tuning, that's another thing I like about kepubs as opposed to epubs on the kobo. I hope they'll get around to making the epubs look more like kepubs or at least offer a tool to properly convert epubs to kepubs. I think a lot of people would be very happy with that.

Now, that being said, on popular demand (I had an astonishing number of two (yes 2) requests ) I have uploaded my modified Modify Epub and you can get it at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4Q...y0xYjJlSWV2Ukk if anyone is interested. As I said on the blog: this is a poor patch to the Modify epub plugin. First I had to pack BeautifulSoup inside the package as the one in calibre is an old version and second, the function that actually handles the updates is not very well written. I didn't have time to include any checks and it only works on direct children of the body tag. Please note that I don't plan on offering any updates to this so if someone could rewrite the code using lxml (I saw modify epub uses that) and maybe include it in the original plugin or create a stand alone plugin so that you can update modify epub separately I'd be happy to hear about it.
dsandrei is offline   Reply With Quote