View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #32
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Smile Folders on BeBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Great thread mgmueller.

I am interested in BeBook. Well, not BeBook itself, but in Hanlin V3. I am even more interested in 5" Hanlin V5 but you do not have any 5" device yet.

Can you please describe the use of folders on the device?
Have you tried flashing it with OpenInkpot?
I haven't tried OpenInkpot yet, as I don't like the "touch and feel" of BeBook.
Somy of my friends and colleagues have checked out my readers to decide, which one to purchase. Their reaction ALWAYS is the same as mine concerning BeBook, it "looks cheap", "seems a lower level" and so on.

The use of folders is solved quite nicely, as are lots of features in BeBooks OS.
- The main (standard) folder is called "eBooks".
- Next to it, you find a description, for example "1 folder, 249 files".
- You can generate subfolders. Only have checked up to 2 levels of subfolders, but I guess there's no limit.
- When entering "eBooks", you see descriptions for the folders as well. And when entering a folder for the subfolders and so on.

In comparison, I prefer Sony's collections.
I can link a single book to more than one collection at a time (only having the book 1 time on my unit, of course. It's just links, not the physical ebooks themselves), for example "genre" and "series" and "bought via Mobipocket" and.....
True: I HAVE to install Sony's library software for that, whereas I can generate folders on BeBook simply via Windows Explorer and even on my MAC. BeBook simply is recognized as a drive and can be operated accordingly.
But to me, that's no biggy. I'm using Sony's software for purchasing eBooks from them anyway. BUT: Sony's software is NOT avalable for MAC...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote