View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I already did that on file system basis: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post2592605

But some day later it got worse. The device went so bad, that whole partitions disappeared from the partition table. I tried to recreate these partitions but it was impossible to use the old starting sectors.

You're right - I could have created the missing partitions in other places, leaving gaps on the device, but these gaps would have been very big - I might have lost like 100MB. With the internal flash that much damaged I gave up and sent it in for repair.

EDIT: got the reader back, mainboard replaced, 1.05 firmware preinstalled, reader still crashes on epubs Kobo has no trouble with, did a full dump via rupor sd rescue and rooted again with rupor minimal... but I'm tempted to simply sell the T1...

Last edited by uboot; 08-28-2013 at 04:18 AM.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote