View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #152
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I have no clue about Java bytecode, but wouldn't it theoretically be possible to create "byte mask patterns" that find the correct class/method name by scanning the Java bytecode for certain OP codes that stay the same (i.e. functionality) and from there automate the class/method updating? Provided that the functionality doesn't also change with each update...
That's exactly the point. It would be possible "somehow" to do it, but you'd still have to manually check whether the results make sense. So I use my own manual "heuristic" for finding which class/method has become what. It's still extremely tedious, but at least it's a bit faster than having to find out everything from scratch again.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote