View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 11:01 PM   #3757
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by watani View Post
I'm encountering a bug where some books are never recognized as up-to-date with the update mode set to "Overwrite if Newer". ...
I admit that I don't test the "Overwrite if Newer" functionality very often--I use "Update EPUB if New Chapters" and then convert to azw3 for Kindle and I recommend that everybody else downloads to EPUB also.

That said, I cannot duplicate your issue. I downloaded those two, then tried "Overwrite if Newer" both by URL and on the existing book with background metadata on and off. All versions worked as intended.

Which leaves me with only speculations for now:

Are the Updated Date metadata showing up correctly for you in those books?

Is the system clock on your computer correct?

It will give me more to work with if you can try it again while running Calibre in debug mode (Calibre Preferences dropdown) using "Overwrite if Newer" and without FFF Background Metadata, then post the debug for me to see. (I suggest nested spoiler and code tags for logs.)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote